Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Service AC message

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service AC message

I have been getting this message on my info center all winter. It forces the climate control to "AC OFF". It happened to me last summer as well. When it happened during the summer I simply let some freon out and it worked fine until the weather started to get cold outside. I have attemted to recharge it, however the car has an overide that is preventing the compressor from coming on, therefore preventing a proper recharge. I scanned with my handheld scanner and didn't get any codes. Any body know how I can force the compressor on in order to recharge the system? Or know what kind of equipment I need in order to read/clear the message on the info center. My car is out of warranty, and I want to avoid have to go spend an arm and a leg at the dealer.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Teching In

i'd love to help ya out, as i could have used the knowledge myself about 5 days ago, but I have already taken mine in to the stealership, system was apparently leaking at a faulty pressure switch, funny how it went out again like half a day later. If i can manage to talk to one of the tech's instead of the service reps i will try to ask
Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Teching In

I wasnt able to talk to a technician yesterday when i picked up my car, but after talking to one of the service reps he explained that I had a frayed wire on my pressure sensor that was grounding out, and killing the system... (they found this out after replacing the sensor and charging me for it of course) turns out the possible problem with the V2's is on the V1's as well.

Originally Posted by eyeballs19
Occasionally, car would show "Service AC System" for a minute or two after starting the car (7.5K miles on it, 4/9 build, manual tranny). The AC would shut off. Not a big deal because it is COLD, but would be a killer in July.

Turns out that a "gray wire" coming from the AC pressure sensor was grounding on the block, which shut off the compressor. But it only happened when the engine torqued.
dont know if this will help you out at all, but it would seem like a good place to start at, then maybe you can find someone to reset the message for much cheaper
Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Teching In

I was able to get my car hooked up to a Snap-On Solus, or something like that, computer. At one point it showed that the pressure sensor had failed. we tried to jump the sensor to verify if it was bad. We also tried to get the comp to turn on manually using this tool that he stuck in the spot for the comp relay. Neither way worked. when he looked at the comp he said there was only two wires that went to it, power and ground, and it should have kicked on when we jumped the relay. This led the tech to believe the compressor is bad. i am going to try changing just the sensor first since it is a whole lot cheaper than the comp.

Quick Reply: Service AC message