Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Are Precision Gears any good for an S60?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Are Precision Gears any good for an S60?

Hey guys I'm getting ready to do a gear swap and possibly going to a Detroit Locker as well, I had ordered a set of 4.30's from Strange thru Summit back in November of 2009 but they keep getting back ordered. So I'm ready to try someone else, I found a set of gears from Precision Gears, but I don't know much about them. Also should I keep the True Trac that came with the rear or should I get the Detroit Locker, my car is my daily driver but I have a new engine coming soon and maybe a 150 shot? I will be racing it on test n tune nights at my local tracks, thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nobody's ever used Precision gears?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

precision gear is ok if you have a track only type car and are not concerned about noise. not that Precision isnt a good gear, but I would suggest OEM Dana gears, Richmond, or maybe Motive Performance if you need to save a few bucks. call me for a quote as I am a direct dealer for Strange and can also get you any other parts for the S60.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks SSvert, I had ordered the Strange 4.30's from Summit way back in Nov 2009 and kept receiving "backordered" notices all the way until 1-27-10 when I finally said screw it I'll get gears from somewhere else. I was looking at Motive's 4.30's today and I think I'll get them since I've had good expirences with their gears in the past. What about the posi unit, currently the rear has a true trac but I remember seeing a member here who had a true trac and when he launched his car it pulled hard left because only one tire was getting power. I'm thinking I should swap to a Detroit Locker for peace of mind, my car is a DD with occassional track use, what's your opinion on this?

Quick Reply: Are Precision Gears any good for an S60?