Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless entry remote de-programming??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry remote de-programming??

Bought a car without keyless remotes, bought two used correct keyless remotes. Problem is the car will only let one be a programmed at a time. Replaced batteries...same thing. Swapped batteries between the two.....same thing. Both will program in, just has to be one or the other. Does this mean that there are three other remotes out there programmed to my car and it is only letting me add the 4th deprogramming the other each time? I already ran a search and didn't find this problem, so does anybody know how to correct this?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You're not actually programming the remotes - you're programming the car (specifically the BCM) to recognize the remotes. As soon as you start the programming process, all prior remotes are wiped from memory. The system does not retain prior programming "slots" - so you can program it for up to four remotes each time.

You must program multiple remotes at the same time (steps 4-5 in the instructions). If you repeat the entire programming process for each remote individually then only the last remote programmed will work.

Originally Posted by Owner's Manual
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF. This will disarm the content theft-deterrent/alarm system (if equipped).

2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the main fuse block which is located on the left side of your instrument panel.

3. Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN three times quickly (within five seconds). The vehicle will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the driver’s door and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is now ready to match the vehicle. Leave the ignition in RUN.

4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle will respond as in Step 3.

5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.

6. When you have finished matching all of your transmitters, turn the ignition off and replace the RADIO fuse.

7. Check that all transmitters work by pressing the buttons.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I could have sworn that I tried that. I went out there and tried it again and it worked. Both remotes are a go, thanks WhiteBird00.