Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT 3rd to 4th shift=instant power cut off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT 3rd to 4th shift=instant power cut off

Tonight I got on my car WOT and when I shifted from 3rd to 4th the car lost all power for half a second..the check engine light came on for only a second and then the power came back. So I slowed down and listened..the car seemed fine. So I did it again with the same result. As soon as I put it in 4th at WOT the car bogs really hard for maybe a second. Anyone ever had this problem before?
Also..when I get to 4k RPMs the speedo and tach jump hard and crazy but the engine does as it should. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the maf? that kinda happended to my friends mustang kinda... when he got around 100 and pressed in the clutch the car just died... cleaned his maf and it fixed his prob... iunno if thats your issue but i would check it maybe clean it...
Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Check to make sure you battery is secured properly.

I don't know how they are placed in the vettes, but mine wasn't being held down, so it'd rock back and hit the A/C dryer and arc. I fabbed a simple hold down and the problem went away.