Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with my wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default need help with my wiring harness

Next on my build is my electronic section. I want to have the PCM a stand-alone unit for the engine and then hard wire the car for headlights, tail lights, turn signals etc. For the engine harness what all sensors do i NEED? Im running SD (boosted motor) and a 2-bar MAP. If i run open loop, or which ever doesnt use the o2's for referance, can i get rid of the o2 wires out of the harness? Also ill have autometer water, oil gauges so can i not run them sensors also or will it play games with the PCM? Basically i want to run the bare minimum wires and use the PCM as a stand-alone unit mounted inside the car. And will the PCM need anything from the body harness to work as well? Like anything from the gauge cluster? Sorry for all the questions but this wiring part is a whole new ball game for me. What do you guys think?

*edit* also running a RMVB th350 so i dont need any trans plugs either, and running a a1000 fuel pump so no fuel relays or wires eaither, only for the fuel gauge for my cluster

Last edited by Taubr Unit; 02-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can dump whatever you are not using.. EGR/AIR pump/Evap/o2 sensors, straight out of the harness. You also should not need any body harness bits either, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Remember to hook a 'always on', and switched power to the proper spots on the PCM.