Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with CDT front speaker install asap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with CDT front speaker install asap.

I got the base package from Kee Audio. Got the rear and sail panel speakers in! Now I'm into the door speakers. How should I wire these up. There are 4 wires in each door. Should I use the cross over that came with the speakers? How would I hook that up? Any tips would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

I did a search. Think I got it. Most say to not use the cross over and use the factory wires. I'll give that a try and see how it sounds.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Fred.

I asked to Ian: will the stock tweeters work with the speakers upgrade?

Ian answered: The stock tweeters work with the system but you do get silk dome tweeters with the component CDT speakers for the doors that are in the package. They are a seperate midbass and tweeter set that can convert to a coaxial set with supplied hardware so they work in both Camaro and Firebirds alike. So you do get new speakers every location. The only exception is in the rear hatch area I have replaced the stock 4" components with 4" coaxials because they are basically for rear fill and doesn't make a huge impact on your sound stage.

Hope this helps...

dochidalgo