Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Ok, so tell me what all I need to have done

Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, so tell me what all I need to have done

I think a fuse could be blown in my power seat. The button that raises the back back of the seat is out, all I can do is raise or lower the front of it and slide forward. My steering wheel feels a little loose, I mean you can really get down on it and it'll move down and to the left pretty good, about 3 inches I'd say. Of course I already mentioned my headlights and I've already ordered the aluminum gears. I think I might be burning oil somewhere, there's no leaks but it does smoke a little bit but not very bad, the thing is you can smell it pretty good. One more thing, like I said my seat won't adjust and I really need it to cuz lol I'm short, and I was wondering if I could adjust my clutch because it catches all the way to the floor and I gotta get on my tippy toes to press it. So help me out if you dare, I just bought this car and it's in great shape but of course it needs a LITTLE work. So what all needs to be done do you think? Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Teching In

perhaps my post is too long?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovegun77
I think a fuse could be blown in my power seat. The button that raises the back back of the seat is out, all I can do is raise or lower the front of it and slide forward. My steering wheel feels a little loose, I mean you can really get down on it and it'll move down and to the left pretty good, about 3 inches I'd say. Of course I already mentioned my headlights and I've already ordered the aluminum gears. I think I might be burning oil somewhere, there's no leaks but it does smoke a little bit but not very bad, the thing is you can smell it pretty good. One more thing, like I said my seat won't adjust and I really need it to cuz lol I'm short, and I was wondering if I could adjust my clutch because it catches all the way to the floor and I gotta get on my tippy toes to press it. So help me out if you dare, I just bought this car and it's in great shape but of course it needs a LITTLE work. So what all needs to be done do you think? Thanks
if its an LS i think that its pretty normal to burn oil, yeah stupid, but ive had 2 ls's and both were the same..i added oil plenty of times, even with no leaks..about the seat i think that u might need another switch because they all work off the same fuse...and the clutch i dont think its adjustable, might just be a really good clutch catching quick. ive noticed mine does that only when i drive it hard, then it goes back to normal...thats because i need to replace the oil off the clutch lines
Old 02-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Teching In

thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok, so tell me what all I need to have done