Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Steering Wheel Controls Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering Wheel Controls Buttons

2000 Firebird
I installed the PAC-SWI PS back in December I believe and have loved using the steering wheel controls.
Recently I've noticed the volume button has been acting kinda funny.
Sometimes it's unresponsive.
For the most part the "Up" doesn't work, but pushing "Down" lowers the volume. Sometimes it doesn't work at all (either up or down).
And sometimes it works fine.
Any ideas?
Dirty contacts inside the switch? Switch needs to be replaced?
I know there's a way, but can anyone link me to directions on removing the buttons? Maybe I can try cleaning it out or something.
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To get the controls out of the steering wheel, lift up and pull out with your finger (nail), you will probably need a screwdriver or something to disconnect the cable connected to the controls (very little slack) and its out!..

Now is the PAC unit programed correctly? Try taking the housing apart (for the controls) and see what the deal is..
Old 02-15-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99RedDvl
To get the controls out of the steering wheel, lift up and pull out with your finger (nail), you will probably need a screwdriver or something to disconnect the cable connected to the controls (very little slack) and its out!..

Now is the PAC unit programed correctly? Try taking the housing apart (for the controls) and see what the deal is..
Thanks, I was hoping it'd be easy. Haha.
The PAC should be programmed correctly though. The controls still work, it's just sometimes the switch is unresponsive. It's worked for the months up until this past week.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Controls Buttons