Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant get passenger LT in help....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get passenger LT in help....

best way to go is from bottom or top? ive been trying both but cannot get my bbk passenger header to clear for the life of me any help would be appreciated thx guys...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How high to you have the car jacked up?

While installing my LT's last year, I had my Firebird like 20+inches from the floor to the bottom of the tranny. Driver's header went right in. But when I attempted the passenger, I had to raise the car even further so I could rotate the header nearly verticle in order to put into place.

Maybe try taking the car up just a bit more. Good luck, man.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

thanks for the help i had to remove the accumulator bracket and coil packs with brackets but i got em in and just waiting on my intake and tb to come in the mail
Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Definitely from the bottom and get it so that the collector is pointing straight down and them jam them and use a 20 lb maul and lots of grease.

Okay just kidding about that, but you do need to rotate them a lot.

But you got it...so this post is useless.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevez2885
thanks for the help i had to remove the accumulator bracket and coil packs with brackets but i got em in and just waiting on my intake and tb to come in the mail
how did you get the manifolds off with out taking the coil packs off ??? that is a TIGHT space... my headers went in in about less than a min on both sides...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Oh wow, you didn't take the coil packs off? That's impressive that you even got the passenger side bolts out. The drivers side isn't that tight but that back passenger bolt ws hard even without the coil pack rail.

I hate to be one of those hindsight is 20/20 guys since there is no precise "here is everything you need" manual. But congrats on getting it finally.

I always say "I'm not taking half the car apart to do xyz" and then end up taking it all apart one piece at a time and trying to do the job when it would've been ten times easier to just take it all apart in the first place.

You guys are usually right, I should listen to you more.