Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Couple alarm questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple alarm questions

1. When I lock the car from the fob (arming the alarm) then unlock it by hand then open the drivers side door, it goes off after about 10 seconds which is weird. If I do the same thing with the passenger door it goes off immediately. Any idea why? I could have sworn the drivers side used to go off immediately too.

2. I have a factory alarm. If I lock it then hit around the t-tops slightly hard a warning alarm goes off. If I continue to do it, I continue to get warnings. Any idea what this is?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

1. The alarm system is programmed to provide an eight second delay when the driver's door is opened without disarming the alarm to give you the opportunity to get in and turn on the ignition to avoid setting off the alarm. This is for those situations when your remote doesn't work for some reason such as a dead battery. You can turn off the delay in the alarm system programming but it's a useful feature to have.

2. The shock sensor has two levels of response - warn away and full alarm. Blows to the car up to a certain force will only trigger the warn away response. Harder blows will trigger the full alarm response. The shock sensor can be programmed on or off and the sensitivity can be adjusted using a **** on the sensor itself.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shock sensor/**** is also in the spare tire area. I adjusted mine up a wee bit.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you guys that answered my question perfectly and the next question that I was going to ask which was if I could turn it up. Thanks!