Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Gear trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear trouble

I'm not sure if my gears are stripped or what but I pulled up to a red light today and for some reason it would NOT go into 1st, or 2nd or 3rd for that matter, not matter where I went I couldn't get it in gear. I was finally able to man handle it into 1st and I finally got it home. It's kinda spongey feeling, but when it's running it won't even go into gear, it's like something is blocking it. You can push it towards 1st and it moves a little without even touching the gas. My klutch has really been buggin me lately. Sometimes when you let off, it just barely moves, maybe an inch off the floor, and sometimes it comes all the way up. I'm takin it to a machanic tomorrow. Let me know if any of you have had the same problem and what it was...
Old 02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Teching In

anybody?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't have your profile filled out and don't mention the vehicle, but I'll assume it's an LS1 car and it sounds like your clutch hydrallics need to be bled, or replaced.

You can use the Advance Search function and find lots of similar problems+solutions/suggestions.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Teching In

dang i didn't think of that, I'll go fill that out, Yea it's an LS1

Quick Reply: Gear trouble