Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension advice

The previous owner of my 93 Z28 put lift blocks on top of lowering springs to bring the car back to near stock height, before selling it. As far as shocks Im not sure if they are stock, although the mechanic who checked out the car says they do not need replacing. I wondered if it would hurt my handling more to go back to stock height springs and shocks or keep the lowering springs and whatever shocks I have. Either way I would be getting rid of the lift blocks since I doubt they can be doing any good for handling. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't lower the car from the stock ride height with stock shocks.

If you're getting rid of the lift blocks, I would either go with the stock springs or whatever springs you have if you like the ride/stance, but either way find out what kind of shocks you have. If they are the stock shocks, replacing those will have a much bigger impact on your ride quality and handling than replacing stock springs with aftermarket springs.

It would help to know how it rides for you and if you could figure out the brand's that you have in your car.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spirit1411
The previous owner of my 93 Z28 put lift blocks on top of lowering springs to bring the car back to near stock height, before selling it. As far as shocks Im not sure if they are stock, although the mechanic who checked out the car says they do not need replacing. I wondered if it would hurt my handling more to go back to stock height springs and shocks or keep the lowering springs and whatever shocks I have. Either way I would be getting rid of the lift blocks since I doubt they can be doing any good for handling. Any advice would be appreciated.
What color are the shocks/springs?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest getting those lift blocks out of your spring....They are not the safest things. The block puts pressure on that particular spot on the spring and it is possible it might break it. Just a suggestion for you!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: suspension advice