Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pondering 6 speed swap...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Pondering 6 speed swap...

I would really like to swap out my 4r60w for a T56. The main reason I have not already is because of $$$$. Anyways I have been doing some research but I want to ask anyone that has done this swap.....how much did you actually end up spending for the whole swap? And does that price include keeping the old A4 or did you sell it to soften the blow?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try a search for your answer and the best place to look is the sticky about A4-M6 swap. you can expect to spend about 1000-5000 depending on new vs. used parts and if u have a shop do it vs. diy. start asking around on the classifieds from this forum and maybe you could even find someone who wants to trade their manual set up for your auto. just dont take short cuts and buy tranny parts that you dont kno the history on just cuz they are cheap or you will get burned and pay more than you could imagine. im in the same boat as you on the swap however i have done my research and asked tons of questions. def take your time bc you want this done right the first time!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the info. I desperately want a 6 speed, but I am still getting the funds together....so i will definitely be doing a ton of research before I buy anything. This was just the first step. And good luck with your swap
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a swap(A4 to M6) on my car last weekend. At this point I have a little over $2000 into it plus around 18 hours of solid work. I didn't sell any of my A4 parts yet but i do plan on it. I can honestly say I would never do this again. A stalled A4 is fun enough to drive and for the time and money it took to convert IMO its just not worth it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I swapped to a T56 and I love it..wouldn't have it any other way.
I blew the stock T56 up, tore it down & rebuilt it, now all is good.

Here is my Swap Thread..lots of good info here..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...onversion.html