Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

someone help with my electrical problems!!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default someone help with my electrical problems!!

Ok first of when i bought my 2002 z06 a month ago everything seemed to be fine. i have drove it approximately 350miles since i have had it. within the last week these are the things that began to happen in order.

1. Service Active Handling System would pop up but right when it would pop up it would throw my car to the left and try to stop with the anti brakes for a split second then it would go away. it did this to me twice goin down the freeway.

2. Then i parked my car at my dad's shop and by the next morning the battery was completely dead, it would not evan turn over.

3. then yesterday i began to notice my right blinker in my cluster stopped working and my right window wouldnt go down with the the button on my side but if i went over to the passenger side it would roll down.

4. finally yesterday evening i am at a light and the car goes into reduce engine power mode and everything pegs out in the cluster so i shut it off for a few seconds and start it back up and everything is back to normal? it did this to me twice more on my way to my dads shop. once i get to the shop i try to roll up my window on my left side and it wouldnt roll up (it rolled up before because that is how it was down in the first place) but i kept pushing it and it would work on and off.

do any of you guys know were i should begin with this problem? as of now i cant evan drive the car because i dont know what will happen next.

if anybody has any suggestion's i would really appreciate it.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Well first of all, a lot of your issues will pop up when your battery is low on voltage or is about to die. Run the DIC in your car to see the code. You can see how to do that here: http://www.idavette.net/hib/c5diy/c5diy2.htm

1.) Sounds like you may have an EBCM issue. Check out absfixer.com if thats the case here : http://www.absfixer.com/
3 & 4.) I would check out the grounds on the car

Good luck and PM me if you need further help. Two easy grounds to get to are on the frame rails by the headlights. Make sure they are clean and free of dirt.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure about the other problems, but the Active Handling problem could be an issue with either your steering wheel position sensor or your tires could be under/over inflated or not the same size left from right. If it detects one wheel spinning faster than other side's wheel while the steering wheel position is straight, it will think you're in a spin or slide and try to correct you.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got access to tech2 ?

Sounds like some electric gremlins. Bad grounds, battery or loose connections.

Shake the acccordians in the door and see if that causes any problems, if so you might have a knicked wire or bad connection.

Search this Thread