Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best place to purchase LED bulbs for the Daytime lights?(Firebird)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best place to purchase LED bulbs for the Daytime lights?(Firebird)

Ledvault.com use to be a good spot, but I guess they are not around anymore as the site doesn't work. Whats a good place to get these? Just looking for a bright white LED bulb #3157.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

ebaymotors will be cheapest. That is what I did...
Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
ebaymotors will be cheapest. That is what I did...
Thats what I was thinking, but how do they hold up? I don't want to get them and have them only last a couple weeks.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hit or miss. I don't bother risk it anymore because I'm tired of having them go bad.

I mainly use Autolumination.com now. SuperbrightLEDs.com & VLEDs.com are popular as well.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
It's hit or miss. I don't bother risk it anymore because I'm tired of having them go bad.

I mainly use Autolumination.com now. SuperbrightLEDs.com & VLEDs.com are popular as well.
I just go with the ebay companies that have good feedback and return policies of something goes wrong... I have replaced my HVAC, shift indicator, door panel, gauge cluster, taillight, and rear sidemarker bulbs all with SMDs I got from ebay. They are all holding up fine
Old 02-20-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

^ im with him i replaced my map lights and most of the interior lights with ones from ebay and you cant beat the price. and i bought some stuff from superbrightleds before and i have had more luck with the ebay then the other over priced ones
Old 02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
^ im with him i replaced my map lights and most of the interior lights with ones from ebay and you cant beat the price. and i bought some stuff from superbrightleds before and i have had more luck with the ebay then the other over priced ones
How do you like the map lights? Were they easy to install? And what about the glove compartment lights, you change those? I might consider getting some LEDs if they are cheap
Old 02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

FYI , ya get what ya pay for with LED's . Most Cheapies are low quality leds with crappy light viewing angles and cheaply made circuitry and burn out qwik . I would really recommend superbrightleds.com and use the 3157 style that has multiple flat smd led's . Ya wont regret spending the extra cash for the good stuff . While your at , buy an electronic flasher to replace the one under your dash so they blink correctly( without it , the low power requirement of a led will make the bulb flash very fast ) , that will allow you to skip using load levelers .
Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

^^ False. All my SMD bulbs FROM EBAY are fine. Like I said, just pick someone with great feedback

I also swapped the glove box bulb with a red 5-SMD bulb, it looks cool, although I have not taken a pic yet. The only interior lights I am leaving stock are dome and map lights b/c I like the way they slowly dim when turning off. I also heard that leds stay slightly lit when they are not engaged, which would annoy me for sure.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Like I said ...MOST ....not all . I forgot how extrememly specific u need to be on internet forums because people dont thoughroughly read whats wrote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Like I said ...MOST ....not all . I forgot how extrememly specific u need to be on internet forums because people dont thoughroughly read whats wrote
**thoroughly

I read what is written and I still think you are wrong as far as multiple SMD bulbs go. For example, all the 194 5-SMDs I have looked at on ebay are virtually the same. I have purchased ones from different companies and the only difference I have noticed is the plastic housings that are attached to the units. I recently purchased a pair from ebay for about $3 shipped and they are no different from ones I purchased from superbright some time ago for more than double the cost...

Anyway, Get them from where you feel most comfortable
Old 02-21-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

cant remeber my seller on ebay but i paid 4 bucks shipped for 10 wedge 194 with 5 leds, great viewing angle except for in the glove box so i took it out (most of mine is cut from where my ecm was relocated under the dash and the light has nothing to reflect off) and it didn't stay off the hole time.

i agree you get what you pay for to an extent, but i think superbrightleds are overpriced and can have just as much trouble as the cheaper alternatives.

Quick Reply: Best place to purchase LED bulbs for the Daytime lights?(Firebird)