Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

back brakes scraping

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default back brakes scraping

alright here's the history. I'm not sure of the milage on the pads or rotors but they look almost new and are definately no where near being having to be replaced. with my stock rear end they never made a noise. not one sound. i put in my moser rear and have had major problems with the scraping on the outsides of both rotors. the inside looks totally normal. a deep grove is getin work into both at the same place which is about in the middle of the pad. its tearin my rotors to ****. i turned them in the shop yesterday as well as greased the slides and it's STILL draggin like hell. any ideas? i can't figure out what's goin on
Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Launching!

oh and the scraping is worse when i turn. for example if i turn left, the right side scrapes bad and visa versa.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

I suspect the caliper mounting flange on the new rear. Sounds like it has changed the alignment to the point that it's grinding the caliper? Any pics?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Launching!

actually i think that's exactly what it is man. cause there are some spots on the caliper that i suspected for dragging. you just gave me an idea. thanks a lot man. i really appreciate it!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Launching!

well i took a closer look and realized it looked as if the out side caliper bracket was scraping on both sides. i took the the slides out and grinded the bracket on the inside(of the outter side) to give it a little clearance. made it better but something still isn't right. the sound is like wear indicaors on a warped rotor. metal on metal basically. anybody else have any ideas or ever had this happen?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rggbly
well i took a closer look and realized it looked as if the out side caliper bracket was scraping on both sides. i took the the slides out and grinded the bracket on the inside(of the outter side) to give it a little clearance. made it better but something still isn't right. the sound is like wear indicaors on a warped rotor. metal on metal basically. anybody else have any ideas or ever had this happen?
Can you get a pic of this?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

What brake system? Factory?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

factory brake system. just have slotted rotors. factory calipers though. and what would you like pics of? just the rotors i suppose?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

There could be too many different thing going on there. Remove your rear wheels/tires, calipers, and rotors, take some pics of the axles going into the tubes. Install the rotor and calipers then torque on your lug nuts up against the rotor, make sure the rotor is seating properly. Take some pics of the inner clearance in between the rotor and the caliper (I think this where you are saying the rubbing is going on).
Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Launching!

yeah i put the lug nuts on the rotor and put it in gear. thats why i thought it was the inner caliper bracket. ill take some pics when i get a chance. thanks for the help so far guys

Quick Reply: back brakes scraping