Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pressure

I changed my oil today with Pennsoil Platinum 5w30 instead of Mobil 1. I also used a Mobil 1 oil filter instead of an AC Delco.
I've noticed my oil pressure has gone up a few lbs (definitely noticeable) when hot and at WOT.
I'm guessing it's the change in oil filter (better quality anti drain back valve ?) rather than the oil, since they are both 5W30.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shutout
I changed my oil today with Pennsoil Platinum 5w30 instead of Mobil 1. I also used a Mobil 1 oil filter instead of an AC Delco.
I've noticed my oil pressure has gone up a few lbs (definitely noticeable) when hot and at WOT.
I'm guessing it's the change in oil filter (better quality anti drain back valve ?) rather than the oil, since they are both 5W30.

Any thoughts?
I did that a while back with my old engine before I hydrolocked it Anyway, I always had low pressure with M1 and a reg filter. It would be at 40 when first started but would stay around 20-30 after warming up. I never cared cause it would move up under wot. I changed to the German Castrol Syn 0-30 and a longer truck filter and it went up to like 70 when I first started it and stayed at 45-50 after warming up. I blew the engine before the oil got dirty so who know what would have happened. I'm thinking about doing it again next change.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably the filter. If youre using the same oil weight and type (standard/full synthetic) then thats not gonna make a huge difference in oil pressure.