General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

fuel pump dieing??? help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump dieing??? help please

well i started my car and everything seemed fine, i tried to drive up my driveway(very steep). and the car would not accelerate , when i press on the gas it kind of shuttered and did nothing , no matter how far i press the peddle , and the lights starting dimming, it idles fine. i let the car run for a bit then i could get up the hill fine. then i was idling at McDonalds drive throgh and it was wanting to die and was idling real rough,i had to keep on giving it gas. to keep the rpms up. it seems when i drive it and press the gas the car hesitates. although it's mainly on hills, i will press the gas and the rpms will drop or flutter and the car will "struggle to get up the hill).(but not always) now the other day i did run out of gas, well no completely , but it wouldnt stay running cause i was on a hill.( in my driveway,had no gas but had to replace rad hose, so the car had to run to replace coolant)
maybe fuel filer lol
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Launching!

no one?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks but it could be a ton of things. Is the car throwing any codes? Get a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what it's doing. Could be a bad MAF, could be a bad o2. My guess is if it fires up just fine everytime that it isn't your fuel pump. When those go, "usually" you have the hardest time trying to start the car, not necessarily keeping it running.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Launching!

well that sucks now i think about it might not be the fuel pump, im taking it to a shop tomorrow so i guess i will find out