Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smoked sidemarkers on T/A??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smoked sidemarkers on T/A??

well i've searched and searched and can only find clear or vht'ed sidemarkers for trans am, neither of which i want... i want to get some like the ones in this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...item335a597ada ... does anyone have any pics of a t/a with these lights on it, preferrably a red car??... i think they would look good but i don't want to dish out $60 and come to find out i don't like them
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

personally, i cant stand the side markers on the 4th gens, and i wouldn't do anything to draw eyes to them. they look out of place to me. so, i chose to go all red, since i too have a red car. they look great IMO. really cleans it up. if you want to do this, just buy a stock set of side markers from a camaro. they fit perfect.

I'm not sure if you've ever used VHT, but if you haven't, one of the good things about it is that you have 100% control of how dark you go. so if you just want a light smoke, you just use less coats. so you can easily achieve the look of those in the pics.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

you know i actually thought about what you did and i like that... i'm with you on the sidemarkers being ugly, i really don't like them myself but wanted to make them look the best that i could... whenever i get around to painting my car i planned on having them filled in and deleted, but my car doesn't really need paint so i don't want to fork over all the cash just to get rid of my sidemarkers haha... i have used vht but the reason i don't want to use it is because the rear marker lenses are red and the fronts are amber... i guess i could get the all clears and vht those but then i might as well get the smoked ones... ahhh
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

on red..i'd just use red
on any other i'd just spray em black or throw tint on em

Quick Reply: Smoked sidemarkers on T/A??