Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which kit do yall think i should use.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default which kit do yall think i should use.

right now i have two kits. a custom 100hp dry shot and a Mrbig shot for a carburator good for 400+hp. also i already have a seperete nitrous enrichment fuel system that i used on the Mrbig shot. i have three different ideas.

1. i can use the high flow bottle #6 line and solinoids from the bigshot, sell my fuel system and plate, and convert my custom 100hp dry kit to 200hp or so. of coarse i will need bigger injestors and tons of tuning and this will add to the cost.

2. i can sell the Bigshot for $400, keep the fuel system and buy a profogger and spray 250+ through it.

3. i know that this idea is far from reality buy possibale. i can buy the new single plane GM intake, drill it for my injectors, put a TB on top instead of a carb, cut the cowl for cleareance, use a cowl inducted hood and bolt on the bigshot under the TB with the seperate fuel system and spray the 350 shot on it.

eather way, the short block will take the abuse so i am not worried about that. i really like #3 but i will more then likely do the #2. altough #1 is also a good idea. i am confused. what would yall like to see me try?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sell all that and get the new NXL
Old 12-28-2003, 05:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverTA
sell all that and get the new NXL
yea that could also be a plan too but i really like NOS at these levels. i got this way one time at the track over in san antonio. they were having a special nitrous class and they had some of the fastest N2O guys over there running in it that weekend. these guys had very expensive setups and were running deap into the 6s with hugh nitrous powered bigblocks and back halfed cars. when i went into the pits and looked into the engine bays, all of them were running NOS foggers. ofcoarse they had 3 fogger kits plumbed side by side from eachother. then i saw this 67 nova that was running that hugh NX kit, the one with four fuel logs and those hugh injectors with 4 jets in them. after seeing him run, he was the slowest on in the class. now i know that NX makes awsome kits but i just like to stick with NOS since what i saw that day. also that kit is very evpensive and out of my price range.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

NXL = weaksauce.

the maf setup was a FAR superior setup in i dont know how many ways. i know of more than a few people spraying 250+ through those and seeing GOOD gains.

no offence to NX, i love they're stuff, shoot, i run it myself, but the NXL kit is more like a kiddie DP kit until they come out with some better jetting/adjustability options. not to mention the pricetag is up thirra..

seriously though Steve, use your fuel system, and put the DP setup on it. 250 shot = bueno and you can allways just pill it up more.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say use what fits in your budget and power levels. you already have the basics. it would cost you about 500 bucks to go to the NOSzle setup which is basically bolt in with no real mods to the intake. i love mine and have not had any probels with it. your on the right track and there is not the "right" way to do it at the levels your looking at it is just purly your preference.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

yea, i think i will try to get all the parts to do a DP setup. once i get all the parts together, i will update you guys on how it goes.