Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Euro headlights or new motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro headlights or new motors?

Which do you suggest? Anyone have euro lights and pics? Can you suggest a store with euro's or a store for better headlight motors and window motors? Mine all seem to be getting weak. One light doesn't want to come up in the cold and the windows do the same. Difficult to change out?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

FWIW go with new HL motors ($300 both off Eba gm brand too) those vett style lights are crap quality for the plus $1k price tag, IMHO. Headlight motors not so hard to do if you have small hands, door motors are a lil tougher cause you have to drill the original rivets out, on the rh door motor, the wiring is the cause of the slow performance in all likely hood, FYI. Research on this forum, ton of info on both of these topics.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

$1,000? That's insane. Any suggestions on new bulbs? My fogs are out and I might as well replace everything at once. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I still have the original motor in my passenger door. It was getting to the point that it couldn't quite make it to the top in one try on battery power. I got the autotrix kit (from WS6store, sponsor on right) and after putting that in the window works like new. No wait, scratch that, better than new. Faster than my driver side with a new motor!

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2055

I need to get the kit for my driver side to keep that one from burning out again but it is more expensive thanks to the express down stuff.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

I got tired of my headlights, and got some hid's for the fogs and only run that at night! Don't recommend it though because is not legal!

Quick Reply: Euro headlights or new motors?