Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need a quality alignment in Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a quality alignment in Indiana

Hey all, just installed UMI kmember and lower adjustable a-arms. I want to take the car somewhere that has experience with adjustable suspension. Does anyone know of anywhere? post up or pm me. Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ski23
Hey all, just installed UMI kmember and lower adjustable a-arms. I want to take the car somewhere that has experience with adjustable suspension. Does anyone know of anywhere? post up or pm me. Thanks
You didn't say where in Indiana, but if you are anywhere near Northwest Indiana, I would highly recommend Midwest Tire and Auto on Indianapolis Blvd in Schererville. They just got bought out and they have a new name, I think it's Mr. Tire or something, but I'm sure they are still listed under Midwest Tire somewhere. Randy is the alignment guy. He'll give you a before and after print out, let you watch the whole time if you want, and he'll talk your ear off with stories about all the cars he's done and built over the years. He will set it to whatever you want, unless it's something stupid and he'll tell you if he thinks it is depending on your goals, i.e. strictly street, autocross only, street/autocross combo, drag, etc. Whatever, you get the point. He does a quick test drive afterwards to check it out too. Outside of Northwest Indiana, I don't have a clue. But around here, most of us autocross guys go to Midwest because of Randy who really knows his ****, and he will set it up anyway you want. If you don't have any idea, ask Randy. He'll be glad to tell you what is best. He's been doing alignments and suspension work for a long time. He does a lot more than suspension, but that is his main job there.

Post up if you go so we can hear about how it went for you. Some guys have complained about having to wait a long time while it's getting done, but I found if you go around back where he does the work and hang out with him, he stays focused and gets it done. Really cool guy, but a little ADD I think.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Im located in Lowell and I know exactly where Midwest/Mr tire is, actually just got our Grand Prix aligned there a few months ago. The car is a street car that sees more track(dragstrip) time now that I got a 9". I have no clue on alignments so ill see Randy and get his opinions.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

DAMN!!!!!!! Just called Midwest and Randy no longer works there.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ski23
DAMN!!!!!!! Just called Midwest and Randy no longer works there.
I guess he didn't like the new management. That sucks for me too because now I have to find somewhere else, or find out where Randy went.
He is a very experienced guy so he should be somewhere not too far away. If I find out, I'll post up an answer. One of the guys I race with may know. I can ask them on my local autocross board.
Did you ask where he went or did they not want to tell you?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
I guess he didn't like the new management. That sucks for me too because now I have to find somewhere else, or find out where Randy went.
He is a very experienced guy so he should be somewhere not too far away. If I find out, I'll post up an answer. One of the guys I race with may know. I can ask them on my local autocross board.
Did you ask where he went or did they not want to tell you?
Didnt ask where he went. Ya if you find where he is drop me a pm.

Quick Reply: Need a quality alignment in Indiana