Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

uninstall alram???

Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uninstall alram???

My battery died so i charged it hook it up start the car and after about 30 seconds the car shuts off and the alarm starts going off sounded like it was broke to just kind of "squeeking". when i got the car i didnt get a remote (its an aftermarket alarm btw) so i just cut the wires going to the speaker. Now the light LED keeps blinking i want to just take the damn thing out. I found the brains under the dash there's a bunch of wires how do i get this thing out without ******* up my car wiring i have no idea what goes to what.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Launching!

and yes i realize i misspelled "alarm"
Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Teching In

i would have it removed professionally as it has a auto kill switch in it. clip the wrong wire and your car wont start at all, and then ur gonna pay to have them do it anyway....i cant see it costing more than 125.00
Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u can take the LED light out without activating any sort of 'kill' switch. can also remove the factory shock sensor no problem. i removed my power locks, LED light, and shock sensor no problem
Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slo_lt1
My battery died so i charged it hook it up start the car and after about 30 seconds the car shuts off and the alarm starts going off sounded like it was broke to just kind of "squeeking". when i got the car i didnt get a remote (its an aftermarket alarm btw) so i just cut the wires going to the speaker. Now the light LED keeps blinking i want to just take the damn thing out. I found the brains under the dash there's a bunch of wires how do i get this thing out without ******* up my car wiring i have no idea what goes to what.
Just find where the sensor is (usually on the fenders) and unplug it...or turn the sensitivity down

Search this Thread