Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thinking about a V..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Thinking about a V..

I figured this would be a good place to start for opinions..

I've driven an '04 model and it was a nice smooth ride..

I'm thinking about buying one, I'm not really into wanting to race it, just drive it. I was looking at a Vette but I'd rather get 4 doors for the same price..and have the same Engine..plus comfort..

I want a nice car that drive smooth and can be fun from time to time.

What's your guy's opinions?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it! Cant go wrong with a fast caddy...
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you prefer four doors over two the V is for you. Also, V is a sleeper, most do not know its capabilities, and although not as nice inside as some Euros at triple the price, it is luxurious enough for me.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

I was looking at a Vette..but turned that away just cause they are a bitch to work on. I was going to build a nice Camaro out of what I have..as in swap everything into a clean body car..even if I did that though it still would only be as comfortable as a Camaro.

I'm leaning toward something nice, it drives smooth, you can have some fun with it..and 4 people can ride in it and go to the club in comfort.

I've got the fast now..kinda bored with it I guess..pretty repetitive..lol
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Launching!

see here is your problem...you are thinking about getting a V instead of just GETTING THE V!!!

I am fairly new to the Cadi-Vette world myself. Bought mine the beginning of this year. I must say this thing is absolutly amazing to drive. Something about just cruising down the highway and hearing nothing but windnoise on the windshield and taking an off ramp down shifting and hearing the monster come to life as you barrel down the street!!!

This car is definetly a sleeper. Everyone things it is just a CTS and that I put a aftermarket grill on it. They get and first responce..."Holy crap, this is a stick shift?" Then as your throttle it down the street seeing them go grabbing to the "Oh S**T" handle just makes me laugh.

To top off all that, I have a car seat base strapped in the back for my 4 week old daughter and a booster seat on the other side for my 3.5 year old daughter. That is right, family car, luxury comfort, and amazing performance.....what more do you need out of a car????
Old 02-24-2010, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Anyone have a good link on a Classifieds for these cars?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TriGuy
see here is your problem...you are thinking about getting a V instead of just GETTING THE V!!!

I am fairly new to the Cadi-Vette world myself. Bought mine the beginning of this year. I must say this thing is absolutly amazing to drive. Something about just cruising down the highway and hearing nothing but windnoise on the windshield and taking an off ramp down shifting and hearing the monster come to life as you barrel down the street!!!

This car is definetly a sleeper. Everyone things it is just a CTS and that I put a aftermarket grill on it. They get and first responce..."Holy crap, this is a stick shift?" Then as your throttle it down the street seeing them go grabbing to the "Oh S**T" handle just makes me laugh.

To top off all that, I have a car seat base strapped in the back for my 4 week old daughter and a booster seat on the other side for my 3.5 year old daughter. That is right, family car, luxury comfort, and amazing performance.....what more do you need out of a car????

same here bought mine the begining of the year and it's been keeping a Big smile on my face everytime I take it out for a spin.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm... i've been thinking of putting mine on the market to buy a truck and a boat.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by the_merv
Anyone have a good link on a Classifieds for these cars?
The classified section here as a couple. I found mine on autotrader.com Drove a good ways to go get it. Seem to be a decent amount on autotrader.com and cars.com. See if a carmax in your area has one or can transfer it to the location near you.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Craigslist, autotrader, car.com, carmax, local dealers, ebay, etc...

I just bought one. Was going to go with a vette myself but after riding in my buddies heads/cam V, its so nice! Rides great! Holds 4 people! Still FAST and has navi and all the other luxury you could ever want!

Its really the ultimate package as it has a little of everything...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Part of the reason I'm really looking into getting one...
I'm deciding between swapping everything in my current Camaro to a new Camaro with a straight body to make it nice, or parting it to get a V.

The body on my current one is literally falling apart, it's been through a couple of accidents and it's not worth the cost to repair it. It would be cheaper to find a straight body and put everything in.

So I'm deciding if I want to put the work into that and have a nice Camaro after, or get a CTSV and enjoy that..

Quick Reply: Thinking about a V..