Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS T56 throwout bearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS T56 throwout bearing

I searched but didn't find what I was looking for, so here goes. I have a '90 Silverado currently equipped with a TBI 350 backed by an LT1 T56. I'm looking into swapping in an LS engine of some kind in the future, probably a LQ4 or LQ9, and I want to keep my T56. I know that I will have to change everything from the midplate forward and also the input shaft in order to change the trans to an LS style. My question is this: can someone educate me in general on the LS TOB options? I've had some problems with the clutch system on my LT T56 so I'm just wanting to learn what I can about the LS style TOB. I don't like the oddball pull style clutch setup of the LT T56. The hydraulic clutch is nice for an easy pedal, but if there is by some chance any gain to be had w/o requiring a huge amount of work, I would consider swapping to a mechanical clutch, I'm guessing that's probably not necessary though. How reliable are the LS hydraulic TOBs? It seems the LTx T56s are really lacking in support and parts now that the LSx versions of the gearbox are available, another reason to swap over IMO.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

17 views and no reply?

Quick Reply: LS T56 throwout bearing