Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP!!!! PS Rack and Brake Problems

Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! PS Rack and Brake Problems

Well, just got done starting up the new motor in my Trans Am. Everything was running fine, then decided to turn the car around in my driveway. As soon as I touched the steering wheel to move it, the wheel began to violently turn to the left and right on its own. I shut off the car and tried it again....same thing. Steering shaft is hooked up and no weird noises, just steering wheel acts crazy when the car is running and you try to turn (cant drive it). I think there is air in my system..havent bleed it, could this cause this? Also, I had bled the brakes and when the car is off, I can build a firm pedal. Start the car, pedal goes to the floor and wont pump up very well. I have a torque V3 cam, do I need a vaccum canister? Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!

Last edited by emiliesman; 02-24-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, checked the brakes....made a retarded mistake and put the calipers on the wrong side, plus they were leaking. Fixed that problem, still need to bleed them but hope that solves part of the problem. I uncapped the return line on the rack and opened up the reservoir on the PS pump, was able to get alot of air out of it, however there still has to be more in it because it is still acting crazy when you start it up and try to move the wheels. With the car off, I can turn the wheel and it will go for about a turn, then it acts like it hits some air because it gets really hard, then if I kinda pump the wheel it moves on past it smoothly. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread