Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0152, P1133 and P1152

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0152, P1133 and P1152

Alright my car has Hooker longtubes on it and it seems like I am always having to replace the O2 sensors on the car now. It's had them since 2005 and I've replaced them three times now(had the back two deleted with LS1 edit by a friend at the time of install). The first two times I used factory sensors with the extensions. The most recent failure I decided to go with Corvette sensors and do away with my extensions so I'd have two less connectors under the car. Now I'm getting codes P0152, P1133 and P1152 after some really cold weather (relative to my location anyways) and it has been driving like crap. Every now and then it wants to behave but for the most part it just doesn't have power at all. Do I seriously need to replace these again or is there something else that's causing these to read like crap? I searched but it didn't seem like anyone had this combination of codes and I'm not sure but I think one of these is lean and one of these is rich so if that's the case I'm royally confused. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What position are your O2 sensors in, top side or bottom of the pipe? they need to be in the top (12 o'clock) or no lower then 3 or 9 o'clock or they will build up with moisture and debris and fail
Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

They're in the standard bung inside the collector on the Hookers, and that's a 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock position. Is this what you are asking or am I misunderstanding you?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

I called Thunder Racing who did my tune to ask them about what could be causing it and they just suggested I check for exhaust leaks. At this point, were there an exhaust leak that was remedied, would the O2s begin to read correctly or would they still likely need to be replaced?

P.S. It's raining or else I'd just go check.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Alright, an update on this situation. The car was driving much better the past couple of days when it was a little warmer. But, I had some time today to check out the underside of the car and discovered that the passenger side O2 sensor wire had come off it's clip and had been dragging the ground. Two wires had ground down until they weren't connected and the other two were exposed. So, I took it off the car and repaired it with new wire and soldered it back up and sealed it with heat shrink. I drove the car a little after and it was driving worse than before. It was stuttering like it would if you were in too high of a gear driving easy. Except I had to keep my RPMs pretty high in order to avoid it and even then it didn't go away completely. If anyone has advice I would sure appreciate it.