Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Loud Noise when Nailing it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Loud Noise when Nailing it!

From a slow roll or a dead stop, when I get on it. Feels like the Trans is hitting the floor board or maybe the TRQ arm is hitting! I have BMR lowering sprins, BMR TRQ-arm, lower control arms and Pan Bar. My questions is, because I`ve lowered the car is the trans mount flexing and causing it to hit the floor-board or what. Just curious! Thanks!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look for a broken transmission mount. That will allow the torque arm to lift the transmission until it hits the floor. I broke 6 on my 3rd gen adn they all did that same thing. The 4th gen looks to be a stronger mount, but anything can be broken. I'd start there.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the poly trans mount really that bad? Just curious, I might have to get one since I run E/T`s at the track. There is supposed to be a stonger one at the GM dealership you can put on. Is this true and do you know which one. By the way how did you solve your trans mount problem? This is not going to go away!
Old 12-29-2003, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my 3rd gen, I upgraded to an Energy Suspension Poly mount. There was more vibration, but it never broke again. You may look at the dealer for a 1LE mount which should be stronger, but I don't know how much stronger.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:37 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I broke 3 stock rubber mounts in my 89 IROC with the L98/700R4. I finally switched to an Energy Suspension mount and never broke it, even after 2 years of poundings.

Quick Reply: Loud Noise when Nailing it!