Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS motor in a Lincoln Mark VII

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS motor in a Lincoln Mark VII

Anybody done it? I've always loved the look of these cars, and that its basically a Mustang under the skin. I'm sure it would be similar to doing a swap into a Fox bodied Mustang. But I'm kind of wondering if it would even be worth it since the aftermarket for the Ford 5.0 is so huge.

Anyways, looking to buy a 88-92 LSC(LSC is the sport model). I'd really like a black on black Darth Vader edition, but really any color would be fine if I found one in nice shape.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a fox chassis car. If you want over 600hp, you need to swap the block anyway, the 302s like to split down the middle. Good swap car for that reason. Comfy and fast!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I know it's the newer chassis but I did the swap in a 1997 Thunderbird. Look at my sig for the link. This will give you an idea what you are getting into. I wanted a Mark VIII but I wasn't able to find a clean one and the Thunderbird landed in my lap for the right price shortly after I started searching.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mark VIII=

I'd like to run mid-low 12's in the Mark VII, I need to do more research on the old Ford 5.0 They are pretty light for being such big boats, about 3800lbs.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with a Mark VIII?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
I hate the styling, inside and out. Interior seems cheaper than the Mark VII, IMO.

Air suspension can be troublesome as well on both cars, I don't know how much it would cost to convert to regular coil springs on an VIII. I priced it on a Mark VII, it was about $380 to convert the air bags to coil springs, plus throw in another $200 for fresh shocks and you're looking at around $600 to fix the suspension on a Mark VII, which is pretty cheap IMO.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree. I dig the Mark VIII, never really was a fan of the Mark VII - but I wouldn't say . There are lots of cars I'm not a fan of that don't deserve that.

Originally Posted by AronZ28
I hate the styling, inside and out. Interior seems cheaper than the Mark VII, IMO.

Air suspension can be troublesome as well on both cars, I don't know how much it would cost to convert to regular coil springs on an VIII. I priced it on a Mark VII, it was about $380 to convert the air bags to coil springs, plus throw in another $200 for fresh shocks and you're looking at around $600 to fix the suspension on a Mark VII, which is pretty cheap IMO.
Funny, I am not crazy about the Mark VII styling, but I digress... If I did own either one, it would be Darth Vadered out like the one in your pic. If it was another color I would strip it and paint it.

The air suspension on both cars completely sucks from a used car standpoint. I don't think VIII's are too expensive to convert to coils and may be around the same money. I priced replacing all the bags and I was like "really???!!! Uh, no thanks!" I do know they are ALL very heavy, which is irritating because it isn't weight that is easily removed or in my opinion necessary. Thanks Ford.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a mark VIII here in decent shape that I was thinking of doing a swap with. Probably just part it out like every other ford i own. I had a Mark VII LSC. Both are nice cruisers. The VII was much nicer aesthetically, and the interior was a bit better. The VIII seems like a boat! Looking at that photo posted, I wished I hadn't crushed the VII.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TTLS1GP
I have a mark VIII here in decent shape that I was thinking of doing a swap with. Probably just part it out like every other ford i own. I had a Mark VII LSC. Both are nice cruisers. The VII was much nicer aesthetically, and the interior was a bit better. The VIII seems like a boat! Looking at that photo posted, I wished I hadn't crushed the VII.
Hehe, wanna sell it instead of parting it?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hehe, wanna sell it instead of parting it?
Sure! If you are serious, PM me.

Quick Reply: LS motor in a Lincoln Mark VII