Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

On the fence about whats next....headers/cam/N20

Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the fence about whats next....headers/cam/N20

Ok I am torn between HSW wet kit, kooks headers and catted pipes with exhaust cut outs, or a cam. I have been reading up on everything and of course N20 is the best bang for the buck and I know some of you have been running it with no problems. Its not for everyday use but the ocasional use at the strip ect. The cam is a little bit cheaper but not after a tune but can get a decent gain and sound. The kooks or headers in general if a cheaper alternative does show like the pacesetter is the most expensive option but would complete my exhaust. The cam and headers are on the list to do eventually the N20 just kinda popped into my head. Eventually I will have all the above I would like to intake and heads sometime in the coming year as well. So I know this is all controversial and all but i would just like to hear from people that have done all or some and what order they did or would have done if they could do it all over again.

Oh and I hope Skull V reads this...I was wondering if you get some more pictures of your switch panel or point in the direction where to find more. I saw the ones on the forum and it looks sweet and real clean. If I do N20 I would like to do a panel like that.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_fast_one
Ok I am torn between HSW wet kit, kooks headers and catted pipes with exhaust cut outs, or a cam. I have been reading up on everything and of course N20 is the best bang for the buck and I know some of you have been running it with no problems. Its not for everyday use but the ocasional use at the strip ect. The cam is a little bit cheaper but not after a tune but can get a decent gain and sound. The kooks or headers in general if a cheaper alternative does show like the pacesetter is the most expensive option but would complete my exhaust. The cam and headers are on the list to do eventually the N20 just kinda popped into my head. Eventually I will have all the above I would like to intake and heads sometime in the coming year as well. So I know this is all controversial and all but i would just like to hear from people that have done all or some and what order they did or would have done if they could do it all over again.

Oh and I hope Skull V reads this...I was wondering if you get some more pictures of your switch panel or point in the direction where to find more. I saw the ones on the forum and it looks sweet and real clean. If I do N20 I would like to do a panel like that.
IMO...do headers and intake, then a cam, then heads...and when you still need more power do N20.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Switch panel was from Beer99C5 on this forum. I will see if I can find some more photos, but I'm pretty sure whatever is posted up is what I have. I'm sending you a PM now.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are some from Beer for our car:

Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spray> nearly every mod you could do for a car price wise.

I would set up for spray, maybe a decent shot for when you need it then you can get an idea how much power you would really want down the line ( boost/cam/etc).
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In order to do a cam, IMO and many other you HAVE to do headers to see a true gain of the cam so your looking at depoending if you install 3k+ in parts and a tune for aboyt the same gain as a 100 shot. I will do it eventually but since pacesetter is coming out next menoth with cheaper headers, thatll save me 500 at least and ill do a cam from there, and still have the kit for when i need that extra 75 or 100.

BTW that first switch panel is mine, looks great in the car too
Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

With pacesetter coming out with I am probably going to hold off on headers till they come out and I agree headers are a must for just about every mod out there to see a gain.

The switch panels look awesome. Is the person that did these still make them. what does that cost.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes he still makes them. PM Beer99C5...they are around $20-$40 depending on how intricate he makes them for you
Old 02-26-2010, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=whisler151;12952429]IMO...do headers and intake, then a cam, then heads...and when you still need more power do N20.[/QUO

^^^ +1
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Wink

The intake and headers are going to run 2k plus where the nitrous is about 1600 installed and tuned. Decisions are tough. Wish I could find used headers. That would make stuff alot easier
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really on point here, but I just have to say that I find that planning mods is 80% of the fun.

DANG I DO enjoy it so!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rand49er
Not really on point here, but I just have to say that I find that planning mods is 80% of the fun.

DANG I DO enjoy it so!
they are evnmore fun when you actually have the money to do any one of them that you want lol, which leaves me little to no options

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On the fence about whats next....headers/cam/N20