Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Doing a seat swap. What harness do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Doing a seat swap. What harness do I need?

I have a 99TA that came with the toggle switch style buttons on the seat and want to swap them out for the newer style ones.(the ones with the plastic looking gills on them.) my harness is different looking than the one that came with the new seats. The new seats also have this rubber looking cable coming out of the seat. Have no idea what harness I need. Thanks in advance.

here's a pic of the oem harness(white) with the new one(black) excuse the shitty carpet, its getting swapped as well

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...z/e84c12c1.jpg

Last edited by Frodo T. Baggins; 02-26-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

anybody?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

the rubber hoses are for the air pump that pump up the lumbar support... tbqh im not sure why they run under the floor, cause theres a sack of stuff which i assumed to be the pump under the seat.

if you want pics let me know, i have my 00 seats out cause im swapping them.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irish350
the rubber hoses are for the air pump that pump up the lumbar support... tbqh im not sure why they run under the floor, cause theres a sack of stuff which i assumed to be the pump under the seat.

if you want pics let me know, i have my 00 seats out cause im swapping them.
Thanks for the response man, do your original seats have those air hoses for the pumps, cause mine don't(OEM). THese new ones do which is the reason why I'm asking if its even possible to swap them. If you look at my pic you'll see what I'm talking about. The white connector is coming out of the carpet from my car. The black one is from the new seats and clearly not compatible. WHat I'm looking for is some kind of 6-pin to 2-pin adapter connector to make it work, if that even exists.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm working from memory so I may mess this up a bit. I did the swap from my manual cloths to 6-way + lumber DS and manual + lumbar PS. What you need is the harness that interconnects the DS and PS seats. It will have 2 rubber hoses and a wiring harness. I think the air pump is under the PS side seat. The harness that comes from your floor will plug in to this harness and there will be a connector on the harness that will also plug in to the DS seat. I had to remove the console to get the the harness routed to the other side. I got the harness and hoses from a TA partout in the FS section for around $30. Hope this helps.

Edit:

Also check this thread if you can't find one. Guy did a writeup on making your own harness.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...wer-seats.html

Last edited by OnA Fan; 02-27-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OnA Fan
I'm working from memory so I may mess this up a bit. I did the swap from my manual cloths to 6-way + lumber DS and manual + lumbar PS. What you need is the harness that interconnects the DS and PS seats. It will have 2 rubber hoses and a wiring harness. I think the air pump is under the PS side seat. The harness that comes from your floor will plug in to this harness and there will be a connector on the harness that will also plug in to the DS seat. I had to remove the console to get the the harness routed to the other side. I got the harness and hoses from a TA partout in the FS section for around $30. Hope this helps.

Edit:

Also check this thread if you can't find one. Guy did a writeup on making your own harness.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...wer-seats.html
thanks alot man, I'll look into it as soon as I can, but first I'll look into junkyards for this harness. One more question..If I find a seat from 6way+lumbar car, do I just yank off that harness and it should work for mine? THanks in advance. btw here's a pic of my old seat(brown) and my new one(black). Just want to make sure I get the right harness.

OLD

NEW
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

It should fit, as long as the a harness has the air hoses. Take a look at the plugs on the seats you are installing before you head to the junk yard, and make sure the connectors match. Again, may be worth checking the For Sale section for a part out first to save yourself the trouble.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OnA Fan
It should fit, as long as the a harness has the air hoses. Take a look at the plugs on the seats you are installing before you head to the junk yard, and make sure the connectors match. Again, may be worth checking the For Sale section for a part out first to save yourself the trouble.
Really appreciate all of your advise, OnA Fan..I'll check out the FS section. Maybe I'll get lucky
Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frodo T. Baggins
Really appreciate all of your advise, OnA Fan..I'll check out the FS section. Maybe I'll get lucky
Good luck. I just checked my old PMs and I actually only paid $20 shipped for the harness and hoses. This was back in '06.

Quick Reply: Doing a seat swap. What harness do I need?