Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Who has a Monster stage 2 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who has a Monster stage 2 clutch?

I'm stock 330 HP 342 TQ at the wheels (M6) and need a new clutch (and Tick Master Cylinder!) Car has 25,000 miles on it. I was too hard on the stock clutch when it was new but I have learn how to drive now.

I can't decide on which Monster clutch to buy.
Stage 2 or Stage 3. Stage 2 looks like it has more surface area.

I plan to remain stock or cam it in the future and I do drive hard...cause that's why I bought the car to DRIVE it.

How do you like the Stage 2 ?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the level 3 with about 500 miles on it. I love it so far. I had the stock 70,000 clutch in it before. It holds like a mother.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah Ive got the level 3. My mods are in my sig. It takes the abuse with no issues and once its broken in and beat on a little it can be daily driven no problem. If you plan on doing a cam and some other bolt-ons I would just go stg 3 and be done with it. Just my .02
Old 03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the level 2 and I love it. I have 460rwhp and 400rwtq. When I was deciding on a clutch the guys at Monster told me that because I don't take my car to the track often and is driven on the street 99.9% of the time the level 2 would be fine for me. Your best bet is to contact Monster and let them know what Mods you plan to do in the furture, what kind of driving you do, and how often you plan to take the car to the track.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jusTAnother
Your best bet is to contact Monster and let them know what Mods you plan to do in the furture, what kind of driving you do, and how often you plan to take the car to the track.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Give us a call and we'll walk you through all of our options and help you get into the correct clutch that will match not only your cars hp/tq but also your driving habits!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile

I decided on the LS7 clutch kit from Tick Performance with the LS2 factory flywheel and the Tick master cylinder. Replacing the Slave...replacing everything under there...rear crankshaft seal and pilot bushing. I fully believe that part of the reason my factory clutch is slipping (other than me not knowing how to drive - 25,000 miles on car) is the factory hydraulics on our cars SUCK! Not allowing the clutch to engage/disengage fast enough.

I wanted the factory feel (street-able) and the hydraulics replaced without spending too much cash.....I kept it under $1000!