General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blown Fog Lights!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Fog Lights!!

OK, so in the 5 weeks I have had the new bird, I have replaced the driver's side fog light twice already, and now a 3rd as of tomorrow!!! I noticed that autotrix has bigger seals on their site. Has anyone done this on their own with other household items or something from the local car store?

Could it be something else causing this light to just blow out. This time I am almost positive it is because of the stock seals, the light is blown into pieces.

TIA,

Dave
Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is the fuse popping too? Also, try not to handle the bulbs by the glass as fingerprint oils cause uneven temperatures and hot spots that will explode the glass as you mention. Do you have condensation inside the fog lights? If so, try heating them with a hair dryer from the front lens with the bulb out to get the trapped water out.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Teching In

fuse isnt poping, the other light is fine......just the drivers fog light....no moisture in the lens

its funny i just went to buy the new bulbs and was going to have them install them (free) and I noticed that my passenger light has condensation in it, but the drivers side does not, yet im blowing them out of the drivers side...and i mean literally blowing them, their is glass in the bottom of the lense.

Last edited by eliteinstalls; 02-27-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Well when I took it up to Strauss to change the bulb being it was free, he showed me my housing and its all chewed up and doesnt let the bulb sit into it securely. So now I will be searching for a new housing.

BUT....

From what I can see I can move up to 8000K HID fog lights for the same price as 1 OEM housing. What would you guys do?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by eliteinstalls
Well when I took it up to Strauss to change the bulb being it was free, he showed me my housing and its all chewed up and doesnt let the bulb sit into it securely. So now I will be searching for a new housing.

BUT....

From what I can see I can move up to 8000K HID fog lights for the same price as 1 OEM housing. What would you guys do?
You mean both HID bulbs, ballasts, and housings for the same price of one OEM fog light housing? One thing for sure buy the new housing before you keep buying the bulbs themselves. I had this problem a while back and kept buying new bulbs just cuz I was too lazy to buy the new housing itself.

Quick Reply: Blown Fog Lights!!