Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

harrisonburg safety inspection

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harrisonburg safety inspection

I was wondering if anyone knows a few things about the safety inspection in harrisonburg as i just got moved in out here and getting ready to register my car.

1. my abs light is on because i have a currie 9" without abs will this make me fail?

2. I have an ory are they going to check for cats?

3. I have egr and air removed
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spook99maro
I was wondering if anyone knows a few things about the safety inspection in harrisonburg as i just got moved in out here and getting ready to register my car.

1. my abs light is on because i have a currie 9" without abs will this make me fail?

I haven't lived in Harrisonburg for a while but I know they will look for cats unless you find the right shop. Most of the places in the burg are really strict and don't let much slide. I lived there for a long time and you had to get to know somebody at a shop before they would inspect it.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spook99maro

Not 100% on the ABS light, but I'd just go get the code cleared somewhere.

I am in Rockingham County (the county hburg is in) and I've had friends pass inspection without any cats on the car. But like I said, this wasn't actually within the city.

I wouldn't worry about egr and air.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not quite sure about the ABS light hope that doesn't affect it as i'm about to delete mine for my 9" haha. The cats will be checked in VA i suggest finding a friendly shop as soon as you can. I wouldn't worry about the EGR or AIR either.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

The ABS light can be on and it will pass.

They will look for the "presence" of Emission control devices.

Not sure about the EGR.

Last edited by blackfang; 03-02-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Launching!

not sure about va, but I just got my PA state inspection license and i know that we are supposed to check for emissions devices(egr/air/evap/pcv/cats) alotta places just look for a CEL to determine if the emissions controls are there except cats. And aslong as your brakes are sound(rotor scores, lining) i dont think a ABS light will fail it.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Big "L" Tire in Elkton will probably pass your car's inspection man. Most of those guys drag race up at Eastside Dragway in Waynesboro. You should be ok. I have a turbo car with no cat and have never been rejected on any inspection that I have gotten in elkton. Most of the time I get complements. Hope this helps!!

Plus HPTuners software should be able to disable that ABS light also.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KONG
Big "L" Tire in Elkton will probably pass your car's inspection man. Most of those guys drag race up at Eastside Dragway in Waynesboro. You should be ok. I have a turbo car with no cat and have never been rejected on any inspection that I have gotten in elkton. Most of the time I get complements. Hope this helps!!

Plus HPTuners software should be able to disable that ABS light also.
Speaking of Eastslide. Are there any decent Fbody's there now? I used to run there 6 years ago and there wasn't anything but Mustangs. I might bring my car and truck down in few months to play and get kicked out. LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
Speaking of Eastslide. Are there any decent Fbody's there now? I used to run there 6 years ago and there wasn't anything but Mustangs. I might bring my car and truck down in few months to play and get kicked out. LOL
Everytime I go back there all you see is Mustangs man It is like that area is stuck in the late 80's early 90's. Still 5.0's everywhere and they are still slow! The track still doesn't hook for ****. It is a decent track to go to if you just want to kill some on Friday's with the DD but I would never take my T/A there. I'll stick with Richmond Dragway and VMP.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ahs2.dep.state.pa.us/aq_a...sions/test.htm

This will help you out.