Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans mount? Poly Trans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 04:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans mount? Poly Trans?

I was told at the GM dealership you could get a stonger Trans mount than the factory one we have. If so does anyone know what it would be? I need to get a new one and I`m afraid of the poly trans mount. They say you get alot of vibration and noise from it. Is this true? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Well, theres the factory one which will be dead in a month or two. The poly mount (energy suspension I think), which will vibrate like hell for about a week and a half, then will wear down so you dont even notice it (best choice in my opinion), or the 1LE, which may last a while longer, and not be as rough on the vibrations, but may wear down eventually.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Thumbs up

I most recently had a "Prothane" poly mount installed along with my TC change. The shop used a thin piece of soft rubber between the mount and the cross brace, and I do not have vibration issues. The Prothane mount is made to the correct size for the 4l60e, so there is no plates or bumps to screw with. You can find this mount for $24.99.

SteveC
Old 01-04-2004, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

My ES mount doesn't vibrate much at all after shaving the bumps and shimming the trans crossmember.It was pretty bad around 2000 rpm prior to shimming the x-member.

good luck