Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fog lights/HID issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights/HID issue

So, I installed HIDs in my fog lights last January. They were working great until I deployed in September. My wife started driving the TA, and let me know that the fog lights stopped working. I recently returned, and had a few minutes to play around with the lights. When I turn on the fog lights, the light on the switch doesn't come on, but if I leave the fog light switch on, they with turn on later, sometimes. Other times if I flick the switch on and off enough, it will eventually turn on. Most of the time though, they won't turn on. When they do though, the HIDs work perfectly- no flickering, color is right, both have always turned on. So, I'm pretty sure that the HIDs are working correctly. Could an old battery prevent the HIDs from igniting? I hooked up a multimeter to the wires and they were pushing 11.8 volts when the car was off.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Are you turning them on with the car running? Could be the exciters or corroded ground some where...
Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Yep, when they were working, I would turn them off before shutting the car off, and turn them on after the car was running. If it's nice tomorrow, I can pull out the electrical cleaner and see what I can do.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats how mine were until I added a relay to the stock wiring. Mine were even blowing the fuse for the foglights.

Quick Reply: Fog lights/HID issue