Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound Deadner

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Deadner

I am looking at doing my camaro with sound deadner. i am wondering who has the best deal on material and how is it working on your car? i have been looking at edead but i have read alot of mixed reviews. The thing about edead is i like is the price. i have looked at raamat which the price is a little more but rick has a good deal right know,but i dont think he will have it when i want to order it.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RAAMMat for good on the relatively cheap, or Second Skin for the best. Use the mat only where you need it. Doing the whole car with it just weighs the car down for no good reason. Use Second Skin Luxury Liner for all around noise damping. It will take care of road noise and stuff much better than mat.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did my car with the Damplifier Pro from second skin and I would highly recc this product. It's a little pricey but wayyy thicker then any other product and very very good quality. It def helped out a ton and brought the car back together and quieted down things quite a bit. If you do it then do your sound system at the same time as laying all new speaker wire and rca cables for amps is much easier with everything out. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to be replacing Dynamat with Stingers Roadkill product. Seems to be as good or better and the prices wil be better.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Dynamat isn't very good but Dynamat Extreme is on par with Second Skin. Way too expensive, though.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Damplifier Pro here :-)
Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

I used dynamat under both door panels, lined the underneath of my center console and did emy rear hatch area and I couldnt tell I even did anything. Either my ears are shot or the regular dynamat products sucks!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nauticalstar2012
I used dynamat under both door panels, lined the underneath of my center console and did emy rear hatch area and I couldnt tell I even did anything. Either my ears are shot or the regular dynamat products sucks!
What did you expect? Mat is only for vibrations. I have no idea why you guys are expecting the world from the stuff.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

I learned alot from two sources after searching this board and doing some reading. sounddeadenershowdown.com and secondskinaudio.com say and sell basically the same stuff.

You only need to cover small portions of panels with vibration dampers (dynamat is a damper). You cover everything with noise barrier foam type product.

Basically all pix people post with shiny dynamat everywhere are kind of a waste of money and the wrong application for the job, albeit they look cool.

Not speaking first hand because I have not done this yet (need funds) but these two sources say the exact thing and use very similar products.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

i had edead in my previous vehicle and my buddy has it too. i think it works pretty good, i have zero complaints. It has stayed place everywhere i put it and stopped all my subwoofer induced rattles. Even in the summer heat it hasnt sagged off my buddy's trunk lid.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

I wasbt expecting the world. I have been in a few friends cars that have used similar products. I noticed there doors shut with less rattles, I heard less road noise, and it seemed like a more pleasureable vehicle to be in. Now when I installed mine, I didnt notice any improvement even slightly in those fields so I was posting my experience.
Originally Posted by dragonrage
What did you expect? Mat is only for vibrations. I have no idea why you guys are expecting the world from the stuff.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

It hardly reduces road noise. Try Luxury Liner. You'll get what you want as far as road noise reduction goes. I used two layers, personally (note: two layers adds quite a bit of weight), and with the exception of the audibly leaky windows, the thing was amazing as far as road noise went.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

So ive been looking at what alot of people are saying and learned that i dont need to do the whole car with the vibration dampers mat. but just sections and do most of it with foam type product. Anyone take pics of where they all put the vibration dampener mat. Also how much of each product you put in?