Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 with ls6 cam and intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lq4 with ls6 cam and intake?

I have a few options, and have been trying to do some searches, but most people have much more modified engines.

I have a lq4 sitting in the garage until my 454 sells, and want to get it ready. I originally planned on just dropping it in stock, but it came with a dbw throttle body, so started looking for a cable tb.

Got a few offers including a ported/polised tb with weiand intake, and a stock ls6 intake with throttle body. Not sure which rout to take, and which would be easier to install. Do I need to modify anything to install these intakes other than the accessories (I have f-body setup I am going to use).

I also already have a beautiful ls1 intake/rail/injectors already, and thought about using that and just install a ported/polished or stock TB instead......

then I got the bug and am getting a low miles ls6 cam/springs/lifters/retainers ect. What will be needed other than timing chain?

Has anyone built either a stock lq4 with ls1 or ls6 intake with ls6 cam? Were you satisfied? Would it perform similar to the real ls6? I know it would have less CR, but more cubes.

Just want a peppy but very low maintenance motor to cruise around in.

Also, would you recomend I do anything else while I have the oil pan off? Change rod bolts, or would stock be fine? How about oil pump?

Sorry, for all the questions, but I am green and not sure about MANY things.
thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

If it were me id use the ls6 camshaft,ls6 intake with a ported stock cable driven throttle body. If you use f body accessories on your lq4 the intake should bolt on perfect. When doing a ls6 camshaft the only thing needed for the swap is the cam itself and stock yellow ls6 valvesprings. The timing chain isnt necessary....
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Launching!

^^ He is 95% right dude. You dont need a timing chain to make the swap. All you need is Ls6 cam and The yellow ls6 springs... UNLESS its coming out of a 04+ Zo6 then it would come with Ls2 springs i think have a brown stripe. My buddy has this in his Formula and it sounds great with Kooks LT's and 4 inch exhaust. And a th350. Should be a great build and very streetable. .550/.550 lift if its an 04

Quick Reply: lq4 with ls6 cam and intake?