Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Amazing handling WS6!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing handling WS6!

First s little history: I bought my 2000 WS6 new, and I was happy with the modern day feel of it. It felt cushioned, but frim, and handled OK. About what I expected (My previous car was a 87 Vette which rattled like an SOB, but handled great...)

Anyways, after I installed my SFC I really noticed a great handling improvement. I then added a BMR strut tower brace, bacause it was so easy and inexpensive, and it looked nice... Then I added Bilsteins to the front (because one of the stock struts went dead), and they seemed to help the handling a bit. I then added BMR tubular LCAs to help with my wheel hop problem, but that didn't seem to do too much at all.

BUT NOW, I just added BMR's front and rear swaybar kit (32mm and 21mm solid cars), and HOLY S#%#, the car feels amazing! I can rip around turns like I never thought possible in a front heavy car like this. It is by far the best handling car I have ever driven. The amount of control is unbelievable. At very fasty highway speeds, the car feels like glue to the road. I could not be happier. And this is with "all-season" Dunlops. I can only image with sticky tires!

I don't know why I didn't swap my sway bars sooner. It's truly a great, mod. Inexpensive, easy to install, etc...

OK, I think I shared my happiness enough....

Tommy
Old 12-31-2003, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to enlightenment Brother.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I did the same BMR sway bars this past September and it was a HUUUGE difference. I had already done the BMR lowering springs, lca's, panhard bar, subframe connectors, and strut tower brace and the sway bars made the biggest difference by far. The steering is so much cleaner and tighter and the car doesn't lean at all in the turns.

BMR sway bars made the car so much more enjoyable to drive.....
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And wait until you feel some real suspension under these cars.

When those BMR part creak, elongate, rattle and finally snap off and you replace them with G2 stuff, you will again say ...

HOLY S#%#, the car feels amazing! I can rip around turns like I never thought possible in a front heavy car like this. It is by far the best handling car I have ever driven. The amount of control is unbelievable. At very fasty highway speeds, the car feels like glue to the road. I could not be happier.
Trust me on this ... night and day difference.

Just like using synthetic oils ... you pay a little extra for better performance
Old 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
And wait until you feel some real suspension under these cars.

When those BMR part creak, elongate, rattle and finally snap off and you replace them with G2 stuff, you will again say ...

Trust me on this ... night and day difference.

Just like using synthetic oils ... you pay a little extra for better performance

At least I have something to look forward to then