Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ford 8.8 or ford 9

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford 8.8 or ford 9

looking to build a rear. i have read alot about the for 8.8 and i have one avalable for like 150 that has 410 already. but i have also found a ford 9 from a 70s truck. eather way i go i am going to have to fab some stuff but what is the best route to go. i am going to have about 500 to 550 to the wheels in the future. i dont have a lot of funds at all but i need something that is stronger than the stocker asap... thanks for any advice... also i was reading all the 8.8 build posts... i like the idea of cutting and welding in the stock tubes but what are you all doing to keep the axles in place... if i do the 8.8 this is the setup i would like go with to try and keep the stock sup.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im doing an 8.8 because the center is smaller, lighter, parts are cheaper, and its strong. im in the process of building one right now. the links in my sig. i practically just started and updates are slow tho lol
Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from the sound of it you have the ability to fab so i would say go the 8.8. It seems like it would suite your needs while being plenty strong enough and not eating up tons of power like 9 inch does. read through my thread as well as the other one out there tons of good info in each. good luck