Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

A true Guage overlay change, blue needles, chrome bezels, LED turn signal arrows..

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A true Guage overlay change, blue needles, chrome bezels, LED turn signal arrows..

These pics don't do real justice. But I love it!!! And yes, I know the gas needle is waaay down there but its only actually off 1/8 of tank... in my favor so no biggie and I plan on fixing it.

Next week Im changing blue bulbs to hyper white led's and the white turn signals are going to be changed to blue. If I don't like It I will go back to normal...Oh and some of the pics suck but I will be taking better ones later on

Here's the old set up.....

Look at all those "busy" colors....

....the new stuff....

And at night with the blue LED's

Cant really see it in the pic but the turn signal arrows are White LED's...

Blinker's and cluster both on

Next week the plan is to change the blue to white and the white bulbs to blue just to test it out. I also need to repaint the temp needle hub its kinda messy. I am also going to install the mileage trip stick thingy which I left out on purpose.

The hardest part of all of this is painting those damn hubs because you really cant touch them for at least 8 hours and even then the chrome paint fades when touched...so i had to use latex gloves. and resetting the speed and gas needles sux!!!!!!

I think this look is much cleaner and far less busy and I couldnt be happier.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude that looks sick! That will look sweet with my nbm color car.

What overlay did you use? also you just painted the needles then? And what kind of bulbs did you use, and how many?

Nice work!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Teching In

IMO i wouldent even test out white, you have an amazing look going as is. when i saw your gauges in the night picture i got a semi...no homo tho
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tnmotown
What overlay did you use? also you just painted the needles then?
I think the gauge overlays are McNord thru 6LE, gauge needles too, not sure about the metal looking trim though, too bad you can makes those digital numerals blue then it would be killer sick.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tnmotown
Dude that looks sick! That will look sweet with my nbm color car.

What overlay did you use? also you just painted the needles then? And what kind of bulbs did you use, and how many?

Nice work!
Thanks! The overlay is from 6Litereater Design... he's a sponsor here! The needles came from him too! The overlay is the "silver with glare effect" and I added the "pop" on the font feature. The needle hubs were painted with chrome paint. The bulbs are 5 Bulb LED wedge type x5 for the cluster and two 4 bulb white ones for the signal arrows. so 7 in all.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy **** dude, that is one of the cleanest looking setups I have seen (and I've seen a ton now) PERIOD.

Good friggin job on choosing all the right stuff. FRIGGIN SICK !
Old 03-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
I think the gauge overlays are McNord thru 6LE, gauge needles too, not sure about the metal looking trim though, too bad you can makes those digital numerals blue then it would be killer sick.
Actually you can! there is a write up some where but it requires soldering. I've seen it. There's before and after pics ...in blue!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Holy **** dude, that is one of the cleanest looking setups I have seen (and I've seen a ton now) PERIOD.

Good friggin job on choosing all the right stuff. FRIGGIN SICK !
And thanks for making bad *** products!! The needle hubs was actually the hardest part believe it or not!! My hubs had a stick in the back and the needles did not have a hole for it. So I had to break the prongs off of the hubs...after I painted them. Only the small ones had it though. I will be fixing the "resting" location of the needles next week.

Aside from that which really isnt that big of a deal I couldn't be happier! Thanks again
Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO not really feeling the overlay. But the gauges look clean & love the look at night! That's what color I want mine to light up as
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks nice.

You should consider five 5-SMD bulbs to make the lighting a bit more even...
Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
Actually you can! there is a write up some where but it requires soldering. I've seen it. There's before and after pics ...in blue!!
I have the write up stickied on my forums in the lighting section...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Gauges look good, but that stainless looking overlay really takes away from it..
Old 03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great. not a fan of the stainless steel bezel...but the rest looks a lot better than stock for sure. great combination.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

looks really good in the nite shots
Old 03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks great, Chrome bezel not good look, everything else is bad azzzzzz.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

thanks for the comments!!!

... and yes I know the bezel is not for everyone it has an aquired taste I guess, but I do like it alot. I guess you have to see the rest of interior. I have polished ac and headlamp *****, polished shifter ball, billet pedals, stainless door sills and the outside of car has chrome accents too..... like inserts and stuff...so I thought the dash could use something to go along with the outside and bring a bit more "modern" feel and look to it. To me it all seems pretty clean and flows well.

Oh and thanks 6litereater for that link... MAYBE I will tackle the mileage counter light next weekend
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
thanks for the comments!!!

... and yes I know the bezel is not for everyone it has an aquired taste I guess, but I do like it alot. I guess you have to see the rest of interior. I have polished ac and headlamp *****, polished shifter ball, billet pedals, stainless door sills and the outside of car has chrome accents too..... like inserts and stuff...so I thought the dash could use something to go along with the outside and bring a bit more "modern" feel and look to it. To me it all seems pretty clean and flows well.

Oh and thanks 6litereater for that link... MAYBE I will tackle the mileage counter light next weekend
I've always been a fan of that SS bezel, I had it in my car for the longest time...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

WOW that looks AWESOME!! I say keep the blue LED's, and just tackle the odometer....make it blue to match.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

God damn you! Now I want my gauges to get here sooner. I hate being patient. Must understand process...Must wait. The needles are here, maybe I'll go look at those to hold me over.
McNord/6LE might be hugely overpriced, but who cares! We have options for our cars beyond my wildest dreams now. I'll pay. Hell, they look so good, my wife talked me into spending the money! Thanks for the innovations guys!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Can I get a far back night shot? Of like the whole cabin with the gauges illuminated? I'm debating on red or going back to blue myself...

Quick Reply: A true Guage overlay change, blue needles, chrome bezels, LED turn signal arrows..