Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Can i get some pics of your V's with cut-springs???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can i get some pics of your V's with cut-springs???

Well guys,
Planning to cut the springs on my car this Saturday with A-Bomb. He is being nice enough to help a stranger out (me) and he's even giving me a hand with getting what i need for the spacers so its all ready to go when i get there. Thanks again man!!

Anyway, i wanted to make a thread for you guys who have cut-springs like i plan to do to post some pics of your car. Please tell how much you cut front and rear, if you are happy with the ride and if it has caused any issues clearance wise (dragging or rubbing) since you did it?

I want mine low but being its a daily driver, I need to keep it semi-practical.

I was planning to cut a full coil front and rear but depending on these pics you guys post, ill make my final decision then.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

GC adjustables up fornt. stock spring in the rear, cut 1.5 coils. cut half the bump stop off. rides great
Attached Thumbnails Can i get some pics of your V's with cut-springs???-my-v-slammed.jpg  
Old 03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn, finally got a reply! lol

Im thinking im gonna go 1 coil up front and 1-1/4 in the rear. I drive it daily so i need to keep it practical.

I was originally going to go 1 coil front and rear so im really hoping that extra 1/4 coil in the rear wont be too low!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

youll be alright. cant wait to see pics
Old 03-06-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ferny
youll be alright. cant wait to see pics
We cut em today. Thanks again A-Bomb and maxpennmatt!! Looks great but i need to cut some more next weekend. I didnt get any pics because i was in a rush to get here to work ontime.

We ending up going 1 coil in the front and 1-1/8 in the rear. We figured with me running the 275/40's out back, might be smarter to cut less and go back to cut more if needed.

Results...
Front sits about perfect. Passenger front is dead on where i want it (can barely fit a finger between the tire and the fender) but the drivers front is slightly higher (a little more than a finger size gap). Springs were cut the exact same so im not sure what the deal is there.

Rear needs to come down some more but the same results. Passenger rear barely fits 2 fingers between the quarter panel and the tire but the drivers side rear is an easy 2-2-1/4 fingers.

What would cause it to sit different? All of the springs were marked before we cut and they all matched from one side to the other before we put them in. We were careful to line everything up properly and it still came out a little uneven. Is this common?

Should i worry less about cutting the springs equally side to side and just go off the measurement of the fender to the floor on all 4 corners to ensure the car sits perfect when were done?

Quick Reply: Can i get some pics of your V's with cut-springs???