Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

DDM tuning Ballast...how to weather proof?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM tuning Ballast...how to weather proof?

I just installed 10000k HIDs in my car. This is on my BMW, but they havent given me any answers on that forum, its about to rain, i have a 3 hour drive, you guys are ALWAYS more knowledgeable, and this is a common upgrade between my two worlds lol, so i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here. In my packaging, DDM's instructions say to make sure and keep them in a dry place. I thought ballasts were water proof, and you had to keep the lights internals protected. Anyway, how do i keep them dry? They only include a 6" wire, which puts it right where a lot of moisture goes in my BMW. Can i wrap them in plastic? I heard to use a water balloon because wires only exit one side of it. Will it melt? I just dont want to fry my $250 headlights on my firs drive in the rain LOL!! Any help please, and try to hurry lol in about 15 hours im driving to San Francisco where it will be raining, and i dont want to h vae to take my Trans Am, senseless mileage! Tough streets! Thats why i bought a BMW DD in the first place. to save my poor bird.