General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blowing my fuse

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing my fuse

I need some help trying to diagnose a electricle problem, I have a 2000 T/A, today when I drove the car i noticed that every gauge in my cluster went out except for my oil pressure, even the odemeter. I got to where I was going and I got back in the car and there was nothing when i turned the key on, I replaced the 10 amp fuse for the gauge cluster and whamo it started up. I went to the autoparts storeand noticed that my fog lights were on, when i didnt have them turned on, Also the driverside blinker was very fast and speradick like it was double flashing.

As I pulled out of the driveway, it popped the 10 amp fuse again. I should also mention that i noticed that the driverside window will sometimes stop in the middle of rolling up, if i wait a minute then it will roll up,the digital display on my stock radio is also working intermitent.

I also noticed tonight that when my lights are off, the fog lights and the gauge cluster is lit up very dim

I was wondering if the culprit could be the BCM, has anyone else had these problems.

can someone explain the operation of the BCM, are they a dealer item only?

Thanks in advance