Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs Inop/asr Lights Came On?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Abs Inop/asr Lights Came On?

i have a 2000 a4 camaro and recently my ABS INOP and ASR light came on but the thing that threw me off is that the drivers side headlights went dimm my left single light stays on but very dimm and when turning left and have my left single light it will blink but has a 5 to 8 second pause in between each click but turning right single is perfectly fine very bright and the passenger side headlights and brights and fog lights are bright and doing ok but all of my drivers side is dimm but the thing is that it will do that when my ASR and ABSINOP light comes on it will turn off and on and when it does come on my drivers side dimms any of u guys now what my problem is is it anythin i should be concerned about i mean can i just go into my fuse box and change the ABS and ASR fuse or is it sometin in the computer i was just about to just take it to the shop and have them check it out but if its not that big of a deal then ill just do it myself and by the way its not my lights whatsoever cause i replaced my front bulbs with new ones and it still did it funny thing like i said is that i can drive under 60 or so and it wont turn on but once i get on the freeway the lights come on and my headlights go dimm it sucks at night when i drive any info will help guys thanks
Old 12-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have a bad ground causing a backfeed. Check all of the grounds located under the hood by the drivers side headlight. Make sure they are clean and tight. I think the ABS unit grounds in the same area. There is another ground on the frame below the ABS. I have seen cold air and blower system tubing rub through wiring in this area too. Good luck.