PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using A Predator Programer To Play With Shit Points When I Have A Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using A Predator Programer To Play With **** Points When I Have A Custom Tune

I have a custom tune in my car and am VERY happy with it. The tuner moved the shift point on the 1-2 down because the car is setup on a 100 shot of nitrous (never used yet). He also moved my shift points down a bit on the 2-3 shift.

Since I will only use the nitrous every once in a great while I would like to use a predator to bump my shift points up when not running the bottle.

Can I use the predator just to bump my shift points up without screwing with the actual custom tune?

Thanks,
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

was the custom tune done with diablo's CMR software and loaded to your car via the predator??

or was hp-tuners or something else used to tune the car?

as long as a custom operating system wasn't used for your custom tune, and the tune is not locked - yes, you can use a predator to adjust only the shift points and nothing else..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
was the custom tune done with diablo's CMR software and loaded to your car via the predator??

or was hp-tuners or something else used to tune the car?

as long as a custom operating system wasn't used for your custom tune, and the tune is not locked - yes, you can use a predator to adjust only the shift points and nothing else..
The tune was a custom street tune using HP Tuners or EFI Live. I am not sure if the tune is locked or not? I guess I can contact the tuner and ask him.

So, from what it sounds like you are saying I should be okay to buy a Predator hand held tuner and use it to play with just my shift points. Doing this would not screw up my custom tune?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

correct...

as long as the tune is not locked, and they did not use one of hp-tuners custom O/S's for your tune, you can use the predator to change shift points...

you would hook up to your car, and choose to install the "Factory HP Tune" - which is a copy of the tune currently in your pcm...

then you could make your shift settings changes, and install that factory hp tune, and it installs that custom tune you already have, with only your shift changes made to it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-04-2010, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
correct...

as long as the tune is not locked, and they did not use one of hp-tuners custom O/S's for your tune, you can use the predator to change shift points...

you would hook up to your car, and choose to install the "Factory HP Tune" - which is a copy of the tune currently in your pcm...

then you could make your shift settings changes, and install that factory hp tune, and it installs that custom tune you already have, with only your shift changes made to it...

Thank You,

In some ways with the cost of the tuner it almost makes sense to buy HP Tuners and do the changes that way?

Thanks Again For Your Help
Old 03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** points? Man i didnt know you could use a tuner for that. ha ha jp
Old 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident