Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question regarding lighting in Trans Am's which light is what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding lighting in Trans Am's which light is what?

Okay I am planning on converting my interior lighting to Red LED's. My first question is can someone explain what light is the Map light and what light is considered the dome lights?

Also for the lights located in the doors above the window switches should I by a white LED since their is already a red lense located in it or a Red LED?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Any tips or advice before I do this would be awesome as far as the installation goes.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Koastie57
Okay I am planning on converting my interior lighting to Red LED's. My first question is can someone explain what light is the Map light and what light is considered the dome lights?

Also for the lights located in the doors above the window switches should I by a white LED since their is already a red lense located in it or a Red LED?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Any tips or advice before I do this would be awesome as far as the installation goes.
Map lights are in the mirror and the dome light is the one over the back seat. Go with red LEDs in the door even though the lens is red...in fact most people take the lens out and just run a red led there.

The install on all of them is simple and straight forward.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Map lights are in the mirror and the dome light is the one over the back seat. Go with red LEDs in the door even though the lens is red...in fact most people take the lens out and just run a red led there.

The install on all of them is simple and straight forward.
Thanks!

Last edited by Koastie57; 03-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Okay so I have a 2001 Coupe Ws6 and I cannot figure out what bulb specifically i need for the backseat/trunk overhead light... anyone know the bulb number for superbrightleds.com???
Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Question bump

Originally Posted by Koastie57
...I cannot figure out what bulb specifically i need for the backseat/trunk overhead light... anyone know the bulb number for superbrightleds.com???
I'd also like to know what bulb is recommended. All I've read is "a festoon bulb", and it seems there are quite a few to choose from.

Quick Reply: Question regarding lighting in Trans Am's which light is what?