TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default please help ( P1111 and P0113 )

hi , please help me guys how to fix these codes ? the car is 2000 M6 camaro

thanks in advance
Old 03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Is the harness to your intake air temp sensor damaged, missing, loose or unplugged?
Old 03-07-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

no , but isn't a GM sensor ? it's the white AC Delco .
Old 03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

I would test the disconnected sensor with an ohm meter. If you get infinity then you can be sure the sensor is blown. Otherwise, you can probably google the expected resistance(s).

The other things that come to mind is a continuity check on the wiring from the sensor weatherpack to the pcm. Just some thoughts because I've never encountered the actual numbers of that code. I have left my IAT sensor unplugged before and gotten a MIL. Plugging the sensor back in turned it off. I didn't check to see what the DTC was.

I do know that I got a circuit voltage high code for my MAP sensor after replacing my intake manifold. The sensor became unplugged during the installation. That is why I suspect you have an open circuit to, from or in your IAT sensor. It would be good if you could borrow a known working sensor. You can also simply bypass the IAT with a resistor to see if the code goes away. The idea is to eliminate one possibility after another.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
I would test the disconnected sensor with an ohm meter. If you get infinity then you can be sure the sensor is blown. Otherwise, you can probably google the expected resistance(s).

The other things that come to mind is a continuity check on the wiring from the sensor weatherpack to the pcm. Just some thoughts because I've never encountered the actual numbers of that code. I have left my IAT sensor unplugged before and gotten a MIL. Plugging the sensor back in turned it off. I didn't check to see what the DTC was.

I do know that I got a circuit voltage high code for my MAP sensor after replacing my intake manifold. The sensor became unplugged during the installation. That is why I suspect you have an open circuit to, from or in your IAT sensor. It would be good if you could borrow a known working sensor. You can also simply bypass the IAT with a resistor to see if the code goes away. The idea is to eliminate one possibility after another.
Do you know what resistor to use? My TBSS is throwing the circuit voltage high p0113 code as well. Do you just stick the resistor into the male part of the plug that is disconnected from the IAT sensor? I need to get rid of the light because of an inspection being due. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

You might try a 24k resistor but I always suggest searching the web first. Here's a link that might be of some help: IAT information

Quick Reply: please help ( P1111 and P0113 )