Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Non adj worth replacing??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non adj worth replacing??

So when I bought my car used about 4 years or so ago it came with a couple presents. It has BMR non adj LCA's. Is it worth it to go out and buy adjustable ones or would the gain be very miniscule?? I am getting a MWC 9" with their adj trq arm and have double adj phb. Next thing up is a drag bar and then shocks but should i go back and replace what i have?? Alll comments are welcome thanks!!

***EDIT*** Didn't look at PHB good it is a double adjustable one. Only non adj LCA's.

Last edited by 00T/AWS6; 03-06-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Since you are outting in a aftermarket rear end i would say yes swap them at the same time so you can move the rear end around and get it where it needs to be
Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they are already good parts. i would spend the money on something else, PHB and reloc maybe. save replacing those for that "what should i do now" day.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I definitly can't afford to do it now so that's out of the question. Truck just broke something that needs replacing haha. Is it a big deal having non adj and if so why would they still sell them?? What kind of hit would i take on the 60 foot??
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the non adjustables are fine for now if you're at stock height and stock rear. spend the money on adjustables after you get the new rearend
Old 03-06-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

reloooked at suspension and PHB is double adjustable only thing non adjustable is the LCA's, are they worth replacing or not?? I am stayin stock height on a 28 tire (soon) and have a 9" going in now.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Like I said before its a good idea with an aftermarket rear end. With that and a 28" tire it is a must. I have a stock rear and I'm at stock height and I have to get rid of my brand new now adj lca's because my 28" et drags rub on the bumper
Old 03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I cut consistent 1.5 60's on all non-adj. suspension and stock shocks with lowering springs. That's not an ideal setup but it still performs extremely well. With that said, I recently went out and bought a double adjustable panhard to recorrect the geometry and I will get an adjustable Tq. Arm when I get a rear. I would definetly get some adjustable LCA's since you will be running 28" tires because they may rub the bumper without them. Honestly I think too many people jump on the "I need adjustable components" bandwagon when non-adjustable will work perfectly for 90% of us. I know your crazy Ryan and chances are that car will be in the single digits one of these days so if it were me I would be running all adjustable in your case which you have covered so that's good.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ure an auto matt you don't count haha. Thanks guys and yes matt this car will eventually go single digits just gotta get 10's first haha. Yeah i didn't think about adj lca's for tire rub with the 28's, UGH i guess i have to run 26's until i can afford them. Thanks a bunch guys. Hopefully 26's will hold my power or i'll cut the bumper up a little bit.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The adjustable LCAs can serve 3 functions:
First, they can move the entire rear forward or backward by adjusting both sides at once.
Second, they can aid a four wheel alignment by moving one side forward or backward.
Third, they can aid in articulation if one or both ends are rod or ball end, vs. poly ends which do not articulate.
All aftermarket LCAs are stronger than the stock flexi-metal stamped LCAs, so if money is tight you can always upgrade later if need be.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Like mentioned above! The non adjustable will be fine for a stock rear if you were just looking to replace the OEM control arm. But seeing how you are going to upgrading to a aftermarket rear end. I would highly suggest going with at least a single adjustable lower control arm. Doing so will eliminate any issues with binding that may occur do to offer set control arm mounting locations. Both our rod end (Race) or our NEW Roto Joint (More street friendly) will hold up great! Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer for lower control arms.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...kbudlrrt2pk7a1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the info koolaid and Brad. It was real helpful, damn $99 vs. $2xx for non adj vs adj haha I see why previous owner went with these. I'll wait till summer till i order up some new ones.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

The non adjustable lowers are not going to hurt your 60' at all....

The main reasons people run adjustable lower control arms is either to fit a 28" or larger tire or to correct a set of incorrectly installed lower control arm relocation brackets.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the info. Is it possible to fit a 28" tires without getting adj lca's?? I have lca relocation brackets on my 9" and was just curious. Could i like just roll the fenders or something??
Old 03-12-2010, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
thanks for the info. Is it possible to fit a 28" tires without getting adj lca's?? I have lca relocation brackets on my 9" and was just curious. Could i like just roll the fenders or something??
Hello
I take it that you are talking about a DR or a slick! Unfortunately you are going to need a adjustable due to the tire/wheel want to slide towards the rear bumper. So that is were the adjustable LCA's come into play and allow you rear center the tire in the wheel well! Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...p86pg5g7il0qq1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Non adj worth replacing??