Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax bullet question

Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynomax bullet question

My brother wants to remove his Flowmaster cat back and put in one dynomax bullet and they have the outlet split by a custom Y pipe so he can still have dual tips. Will this work? Is it too restrictive? He siad the inlet and outlet are 3 inch. The car is a mostly stock 2000 WS6 6 speed. He does plan on some power mods in the future. What do you recomment if this is not adequate and please post some pics if you have them. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused...are you wanting to relace the whole catback with the kit that dynomax has that uses the bullet, or are you asking if he just uses a bullet to replace the flowmaster, then have new dual tail pipes custom made? Flowmaster by the way is about the worst flowing muffler made for these cars and the tips on their catbacks look ridiculous. Just about anything will flow better. It would probably be cheaper to just replace the catback then it would to replace the muffler then pay a shop to custom fit new tail pipes and new tips. Just my .02
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my understand is that he just wants to have the muffler swapped for a bullet and then have it custom split after so he can still have duals. And he wants to install tips that have two tips per side. Chrome dual duals I think. I wander how much their cat-back costs. I will look it up. Thank you. How would his idea FLOW?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He can just buy a new TSP Rumbler catback and get the tips he wants welded on.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F.Rojas
He can just buy a new TSP Rumbler catback and get the tips he wants welded on.
+1. This is what I'd tell him to do. They're extremely cheap and use a bullet muffler which practically has nothing in it. Flows great! For the kit, and new tips you could do it for less than 300-350 bucks just depending on what tips he chooses.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I have on my SS with CME and I think it sounds gnarly. It is loud but we don't drive these cars because we like to be subtle.

Search this Thread